Tuesday, October 7, 2008

WEDDING PHOTOS... PART 3

A cool shot from the patio. The Ledges was the perfect place for our reception.


As I said in part 1 of the wedding posts, Hal from Patches did an incredible job with the flowers. I just gave him some color swatches and pics from magazines and he created the most beautiful reception I have ever seen. I LOVE the centerpiece he created for the food tables. Amazing.


Another cool detail. Hal hung these gorgeous votives from the big tree centerpiece.


Closeup of one of the table centerpieces.


We got kind of tired of smiling for pictures by the end of the day. But I think this pic turned out great.


This was a great moment with my Grandma.

We used a Wusthof carving knife to cut our cake... I'll explain. Scott and I are both REALLY into food. On our first date we went to a great little restaurant for dinner (Zinn Bistro, you seriously have to try it sometime. Amazing!), had great conversation, then went to Scott's place to listen to music and chat. The Wusthof carving knife he ordered had come in the mail that afternoon...
Long story short, we ended up chopping produce in his kitchen for an hour. I knew it was love right then and there.


We shot a photo like this at Derek and Mary's wedding last year. I think it's a fun little tradition.


This porcelain gem is a manifestation of a great Pagan tradition… the bringing of an awful gift to a fellow Pagan’s wedding reception. Past gifts have included -but are not limited to- 2 white ‘wedding’ rats in a cage, a big ugly couch, a grandfather clock, and an industrial floor sander. I was honored to be inducted into the Pagan Wife Club with such an interesting gift. BTW, those are REAL goldfish swimming in the toilet bowl.

5 comments:

Sharisa Lewis said...

Oh, wow, how did I miss those votives? Gorgeous! I love the photo of you all not smiling... so sweet!

Megan Andersen said...

I saw that at your reception--it took me a minute. Wow! But these pictures don't really do the reality of how beautiful it was justice!!

Anna said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful. I'm loving seeing all of these photos. Keep them coming. Oh, and I would love to somehow see your entire wedding video! :)

Meg said...

Katie. You looked great. I'm sad I couldn't make, so we'll just have to make sure we hang out soon. Looks like it was amazing, as expected. Love the pumas... you're rad. Loveya babe.

Larry & Ann said...

Love your blog and everything you are posting. I don't think I will ever get tired of looking at all the wedding photos! They are perfect and I want to fill the house with all of them!