Thursday, February 5, 2009
Bon Appetit!
For Christmas Scott surprised me with a series of cooking classes at the Sur La Table down the street from our apartment. (the PERFECT gift for both of us!) We learned SO much! Chef Kyle taught us to make fabulous sauces, fresh pasta, delicious salads, and tender meat. We can't wait to try out our new skills at home!
Julia Child said, "Be a fearless cook! Try out new ideas and new recipes, but always buy the freshest and finest ingredients, whatever they may be. Furnish your kitchen with the most solid and workmanlike equipment you can find. Keep your knives ever sharp and -- toujours bon appetit!" Amen sister! Wise woman, that Julia. I would watch her on PBS as a kid an think, "someday I'm going to be a great chef like Julia, own a restaurant, and have my own cooking show." While I have outgrown the idea of owning a restaurant or having my own cooking show, I still want to be a great chef. I LOVE that Scott and I share a passion for fabulous food and sharp kitchen knives. I look forward to taking lots and lots of cooking classes with my hubby as we become fearless cooks! Am I the luckiest woman in the world? Yes. Yes I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment