Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hogle Zoo with the Kiddos

Kristi, Scott, and I thought it would be a blast to take the kids to the zoo.  We were right.  More often than not, watching kids watch animals is a good time. 

We absolutely adore these kiddos!!!

The elephant exhibit was a huge hit.  We got there just in time to see one of the elephants put on a show.  Side note:  I love making a Gu/water break in the zoo parking lot part of my training runs because you can see the elephants through the fence.  A fun reward for climbing the gnarly hills that lead to the zoo. 

How would you like to have this job?!?

We also were lucky enough to see a couple of bears get into a brawl.  I'm not sure what the kids thought about the whole deal, but the grown-ups thought it was awesome!

I need to remember to bring a hat to places like the zoo as my pasty geek skin needs protection from the sun.  Thank goodness the gift shop has lots and lots of crazy hats to choose from.  

I found PLENTY of sun protection under this floppy number.  I'll have to remember to bring it with us on our next Lake Powell trip.

Blue Steel?  La Tigra?  No, MAGNUM!

No comments: