Sunday, August 16, 2009

Big Huge Weekend X2

This was a big huge weekend for two of our favorite couples.  Derek and Mary had their going away to Switzerland party AND Sunny and Justin got married!  All on the same day!


We started the weekend out right by making a really great pasta salad for Derek and Mary's party.  I know I post a lot of pictures of food.  I may look back on this years later and wonder why I did that.  But food is our hobby and such a big part of our lives, so it almost seems wrong not to document the dishes we really enjoy.  That's enough justification for me!

Moving on:

To the surprise of many (including ourselves!), we made it to the temple ON TIME for the ceremony!!!  We cut it close, but we made it!  I'm pretty proud of that.  Thanks to Scott, I seem to be getting better at being on time for things.  Thanks honey!

Alisha, Shayna, and me.  I totally put my flower thing on the wrong side.  Wedding formalities are not my strong suit.  Oh well.  I had a lot of fun hanging out and catching up with these two lovely ladies while we waited for the bride and groom.





Hooray for Sunny and Justin!  We adore these two and are absolutely thrilled for them!


Sunny made such a beautiful bride.


Scott and I made mischief with the getaway car.  (what are friends for!?!)   I feel HORRIBLE because I think a little of the shoe polish dripped onto the paint.  Hope that comes off!  

In between the wedding and reception Scott and I hustled back to SLC for a party in honor of this lucky couple.  Derek got a job with a bank in a town called Zug, just outside of Zurich.  They'll be living there for at least a couple of years.  I hope we get to visit them several times while they are there because, I mean, come on! SWITZERLAND!  Scott and I are so jealous and excited for them.


The Dudley's are probably the best party hosts I know.  I'm not just saying that to be nice.  A big thanks to them for taking such great care of my brother.


We are going to miss these guys like crazy!

1 comment:

Larry & Ann said...

So badly wish we could have been there!