Saturday, September 11, 2010

2nd Anniversary (aka Babymoon)

We are so excited for our Baby Boy to join us... 
In the meantime, we are enjoying the last few months of our life as just SK80.

We picked a great time to get married:  right around Labor Day... which means most of our anniversaries will fall on or around a 3 day weekend.  Rock on!
We decided the best way to celebrate our 2nd anniversary would be a low-key weekend adventure.  We picked Beatles Love in Vegas.

On our way out of town we stopped by a gallery to see some of Sunny's work.
Sunny and Justin are due about a month and a half after us.  
Check out the bellies!  I'm getting ginormous!  Also, good thing we both wore stripes.

We thought it would be fun to stay in the same hotel we stayed at our first night as a married couple.  Somehow Scott reserved the SAME ROOM from the first night of our honeymoon and had these lovelies waiting for me on the table when we walked in.  He's a smoothie! 

We enjoyed a fabulous nap, then freshened up and made our way to dinner.

Scott wanted to surprise me with the restaurant.  He spent weeks researching and came up with Botero at the Encore.  The name sounded familiar, so I thought I must have heard about the place before.  Actually, it turns out the familiarity was due to the restaurant's namesake... the artist Fernando Botero.    

The tables are all centered around a for reals Botero statue.  Scott served part of his mission in Botero's hometown of Medallin, Columbia and walked through Botero Square several times.  I've only seen the artist's paintings in real life, so it was really great to sit right next to this statue.  Especially because I'm starting to feel more and more like a Botero statue every day.

The food was absolutely divine.  We ate ourselves to the point of blissful misery.  Is that possible?  Apparently.

The folks in the kitchen sent us this fun message.

The restaurant is filled with original paintings by its namesake.  WOW!  We really enjoyed our meal, but  it was a little on the spendy side.   I'm guessing the justification for high prices must be 'granting admission' to what is basically a Botero museum.  I say it was well worth every penny.

We had a little time between dinner and our show so we walked around the Encore and Wynn for a while.  That Steve Wynn guy sure knows what he's doing.
BTW, notice how sweet it is that Scott's hand is on my belly in pretty much every picture.  Awwww!  He is going to be such a great Daddy!

Beatles Love was just as great as we expected.  We're HUGE Beatles fans, so our judgement may be tainted... but I'm pretty sure most everyone would enjoy this show.  I know Baby Boy had a great time.  He spent most of the show kicking me in the ribs.  :)

I have been unbelievably hungry all day almost every day of this pregnancy.  The next morning was no exception.  I kindly let Scotty know things were about to get ugly if this mamacita didn't get food in a jiffy.  After a quick google search on the iphone we found a place called 'the Egg and I'.  I don't know if we'll be hustling back there anytime soon, but we left full and happy, so huzzah for that!

We just bought a fancy new camera, so we decided to keep our anniversary gifts pretty simple this year.  Scott got me a prenatal massage (genius!) and I got Scott a new Moleskine (best notebook of all time) and some pics from our wedding to hang by his desk at the office.

We checked out and walked/drove around the strip for a bit.
Our Bradley teacher recommended Bobby Flay's shrimp tamales at the Mesa Grill in Caesars... she was right!  Well played, Bobby.  Well played.  Thank goodness for tamales.

On our way out of town we went stroller shopping (how romantic!) and decided on this jazzy little number:
Yeah haw!

Happy 2nd Anniversary to us.  Here's to many more!

1 comment:

shayna said...

Well goodness, I'm going to call up Scott to plan all of my special occasions. He does it right.