Wednesday, November 17, 2010

impostor

Meet Baby Christian...
Yes, he's named after this Christian.  
- I took this from Emily's blog.  Isn't this the cutest pic of an uncle and his nephew?  I think so.  Well done Jessica! -
Anyhow
Baby Christian belongs to my sister Karly.
She got him for Christmas around the time the real live Christian was born, thus the doll's name.
I'm guessing Karly hasn't thought about Baby Christian since the late '90's.... but she suddenly became interested in him again because Scott and I took him from my parent's house so we could use him at our breastfeeding class and as a practice photography subject (we're huge dorks with our new camera).  
Isn't it so funny that you could care less about a particular thing until you see that one of your siblings has it?  Apparently that doesn't end at childhood.  Too funny!  
Don't worry Karly, Baby Christian will be safely returned to his spot in the playroom very soon.
In fact, we just finished up the last of our childbirth classes, so you're more than welcome to come get Baby Christian anytime you like.
Speaking of classes: at breastfeeding class this past Saturday the instructor had each student use their doll (or dolls... one couple is expecting twins.  Good luck with that!) to practice different holds and positions.  Each time I would place Baby Christian on my body, Hank would kick like a mad man.  I think he must have known there was some kind of impostor sitting in his soon to be favorite spot.  I couldn't stop laughing.  My son is already WAY cooler than me.  Awesome.

2 comments:

Melissa Musso said...

Love this! Miss the Bloomington days.

Larry & Ann said...

Reading this is a perfect way to end my day... with a smile and a laugh!