Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tick Tock...

Baby Hank is on the clock.
We're due tomorrow.
But my OB just checked me and said we have zero progress.
Zero?!?  Really!?!
I wasn't surprised, but I'll admit I was a just a little bummed out.  I REALLY don't want to be induced.
Not to worry, I'm still very hopeful we can get this party started on our own.
I'm enjoying the anticipation that we could start into labor at any minute.
On the other hand, I'm also preparing myself that we'll have to go through with our scheduled induction next week.  
Either way, the good news is we'll have our baby with us no later than next Thursday!  I can live with that.  Plus, I still have all kinds of projects to keep me busy until he gets here.
I don't know why, but it totally caught me so off guard when my OB entered my info in the computer and called Labor and Delivery to get us on the schedule.  Somehow that phone call made having this baby seem more real than tomorrow's due date.  
We are SO excited!!!
 I've been giving Hank lots of pep talks to try to coax him out... telling him that we are really excited to meet him, that the weather is getting nicer (it's supposed to be in the 40's all week!), that his room is all ready, that we promise to tickle his back, that the Beatles sound MUCH better outside the womb than in, etc., etc., etc.
Also, I've told him the longer he stays in there, the closer he is making his birthday to Christmas... and that's his fault, not mine.  ;)
In response, he just kicks me in the ribs and hiccups.  I don't think he cares much about birthdays right now.  
Anyhow
I'm off to run errands and do LOTS of walking.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Larry & Ann said...

Oh dear! I didn't think about the birthday too close to Christmas! I think Henry has your warm STG blood, so he is kicking and fighting to stay inside. 40 degrees? Henry knows that does not qualify for "nicer weather"! We just have to convince him not to wait for spring or summer!

shayna said...

Holy crap, I can't believe the time has finally come. Go Katie, have a baby... I love the name Henry/Hank. Good choice. I'm so happy for you.