Friday, January 14, 2011

One Month!

Henry is one month old and no longer looks like a scrunched up little newborn.  He's getting so chunky!  Hooray!
I think he is growing up entirely too fast.  -sob!-
Anyhow
On Sunday we snapped a few photos to mark the occasion of our boy's one month birthday:
 I used alphabet blocks to help show how old he is.  I think we'll use this same setup to take pictures of him each month so we can easily compare how much he is growing from month to month.  I am in LOVE with his rapidly increasing chubbiness!
 I know babies this young don't have much control over their limbs... but Henry somehow must have known I was trying to get the blocks set up just right... he would swat his hand and knock over the #1 block each time I got everything stacked the way I wanted.  Scott and I were laughing so hard.
Check out the sly look he's giving me as I attempt to set the blocks up again.  This kid is already 10,000X cooler than me. 
 I finally just set the #1 block on top of him.
He promptly swatted it off his lap.
Clever boy.

Enjoy this short video clip of tummy time:
He doesn't really like being on his belly yet.  Oh well, we'll get there.
I absolutely love his little noises and hiccups!
I'm so proud of how well he holds his head up! 
Go Henry Go!

7 comments:

shayna said...

You got yourself a really handsome little man.

Larry & Ann said...

Grandpa and Nana are amazed and shocked at how much he has changed since we saw him 2 weeks ago. We can't stand it!

adrianne said...

I love how when he finally gets his head up, he has this expression like "I did it, so that's what is up there. Okay I can put my head down again." He is super, super cute! And I especially love how much you are blogging lately!

Anna said...

Katie - he is the perfect blend of you and Scott. Adorable. I love the blocks for the monthly photos. Although if it is this hard at 1 month with him swatting the blocks away - can't imagine how it will be at 5 months! Ha ha! :)

A & E said...

i love his double chin. and all that hair! we fetters love to see other babies with lots of hair, since ours our gorillas. can you believe he has been out of your belly for a month? can't wait to have a party in august!! woot! woot!

sista # 2 said...

Love the idea with the blocks!I never ever said "can't wait till he crawls or can't wait till he walks", etc...because they do-all too fast!

Sharisa Lewis said...

What a cute idea! Ah, he's growing so fast and I've not even met him. Dying over here!