Monday, February 14, 2011

2 Month Checkup

Henry got to see his new doc again for his 2 month checkup.  I was a little nervous b/c we didn't have Nana or Daddy with us to help out.  Thank goodness I had absolutely nothing to worry about, Henry was a champ!

FYI, measuring a baby against a national or WHO growth chart doesn't mean a whole lot to me.  I think all is well as long as a baby is healthy, happy, and growing.  
That being said, I'm a sucker for statistics.
Here is how Baby Hank stacks up against the charts:

Height: 24" = 75%
Weight: 11 lbs, ll.5 oz = 49%
Head Circumference: 15 3/4" = 70%

What a big boy!
 He actually cried more when he was being weighed than when he got his shot.  Apparently he really doesn't like hanging out on the scale without his shirt on, bless him!  My heart melted/broke into a million pieces as I snapped this pic.  I mean, come on!  Look at that adorable super sad face and those sweet chubby little arms reaching up for me.  I LOVE him SO much!  BTW, aren't those thighs just delicious!?!  I think Henry's chubbiness is my greatest accomplishment in life thus far.
Henry and his new pediatrician friend.  I'm so glad we found a doc and clinic we like!

I'm not sure if our boy has a really high pain tolerance or if he just doesn't know what to do when something hurts him... he didn't cry at all when he was circumcised, barely made a peep when he had his tongue tie clipped, and he only cried for a second or two after he got his first vaccination.  The face he's making in this picture says, "What?  That's all you've got?  I've had worse."  Now that I think about it, Henry only seems to cry when he's sleepy, hungry, or cold.  I hope that continues, we've been so lucky to have such a laid back baby.

Overall he reacted really well to his first vaccination.  He was a little fussy later that night, but he woke up with a smile the next morning and has been a happy camper ever since.  Fingers crossed that he continues to do well with future shots!

4 comments:

A & E said...

oh, i just love his smile kate! i can't wait to see him in the flesh in august-woot woot! we're coming to party at your joint!

so glad the move went well, and that you are getting settled. moving sucks.

and you had mastitis? oh lady, i'm so sorry. it's a beast.

love you!

Sheron said...

Seriously--he is just the cutest!!! I love your descriptions! You are such a great Mom!

shayna said...

I can't believe he just puts up with people circumcising him, he's one tough cookie. Remember how you live in Colorado now?

Scott and Katie said...

Amber, we can't wait to see you guys in August! Double woot for sure!

Sheron, you're absolutely too nice! It's good to hear that I'm doing alright as a Mom from someone who is a great Mom herself.

Shayna, I can't believe we live in Colorado either! It's the craziest. I can't believe you live in Vermont! We need to make it out there for a visit sometime to come 'peep' at the leaves.