I just realized that in 30 days I will be 30 years old.
Regardless of how I feel about the number 30, I want to welcome my upcoming birthday with a big high-five
so
so
In honor of this milestone, I'm going to attempt an unprecedented feat for myself. Every day from now until my birthday I'll post something that is good about turning the big 3-OH.
GOOD THING #1
People naturally seem to take you more seriously when you're 30. Somehow being alive for 30 years brings a little credibility and respect. Maybe it's because over the course of 3 decades *most* people learn a thing or two about moral fiber... or something like that. However the perception that 30 = respectable came to be is a mystery to me, but I'll take it!
GOOD THING #1
People naturally seem to take you more seriously when you're 30. Somehow being alive for 30 years brings a little credibility and respect. Maybe it's because over the course of 3 decades *most* people learn a thing or two about moral fiber... or something like that. However the perception that 30 = respectable came to be is a mystery to me, but I'll take it!
I just decided that in addition to my 'good thing' post each day I want to make a note of the top song of the year for each of my 30 years. Why? Because I'm a huge geek for statistics and useless pop culture trivia. That's why.
so
The number one song of 1981 was 'Bette Davis Eyes' by Kim Carnes
"she's ferocious!" Love it!

No comments:
Post a Comment