GOOD THING #27
By 30 a person has seen a few things from both sides.
For example: I've now seen life from the side of a child and the side of a parent.
To further illustrate the point:
One of my favorite Joni Mitchell songs is 'Both Sides Now'. Please do yourself a favor and check out how striking it is to watch younger Joni and older Joni singing the same song.
I wonder how I'll see things in another 30 years?
For example: I've now seen life from the side of a child and the side of a parent.
To further illustrate the point:
One of my favorite Joni Mitchell songs is 'Both Sides Now'. Please do yourself a favor and check out how striking it is to watch younger Joni and older Joni singing the same song.
Joni in 1969 and Joni in 2000.
The number one song of 2007 was "Umbrella" by Rihanna and Jay-Z. As I said in yesterday's post, the chart toppers don't make much sense to me anymore. Also, this is another 'click at your own risk' song. The chorus will be stuck in your head for days.


2 comments:
it's a much more contemplative Joni...made me a bit weepy actually. there's something really beautiful about the naiveté of one's youth and equally beautiful about the acquired knowledge one receives from living life, experiencing both extreme joy and heartbreaking tragedy...enduring and conquering challenges...or just enduring....I also wonder how I will see things in another 30 years?
Well said Kristi! You're absolutely right. I too get a little weepy when I listen to 'contemplative' Joni singing "Both Sides". Powerful stuff.
Post a Comment