Wednesday, May 25, 2011

a visit from the grandparents

Scott's parents drove out to see our new hometown.
It was really fun to spend some time with them, we hope we showed them a good time.
Scott took his folks for a drive around town while I took Henry to get a vaccination (poor kiddo).
Looking at these pictures reminds me just how far out into the country we moved.  I feel like singing the 'Green Acres' theme on a regular basis.
Apparently there is a field of buffalo about 10 minutes from our house.  Crazy.
We regrouped for a delicious breakfast at Lucile's then made our way to lovely Estes Park.
Dave and Phyllis thought the Stanley was pretty cool.
as did this herd of elk.
I love that we got to show Scott's parents tons of cool wildlife on their first visit to our new house.
Horses count as wildlife... right?  
We walked down main street in Estes Park and saw these cowboys riding their horses right down the middle of the road while talking and texting on their cell phones.  Would 'texting while driving' laws apply in this situation?

No comments: