We took a road trip to Utah for Hilary's wedding.
Hil and I go WAY back.
How far back?
This far back. Aw.
So I wouldn't have missed her wedding for anything in the world.
It was great to get to spend some time with Hil before the wedding. She totally had that 'bride's glow'.
Henry was smitten. Sorry buddy, she's taken.
The ever so scenic Provo temple.
We're pretty excited for these guys.
Rock on with your bad self, Hil. Rock on. Dan is a lucky man.
Hil's niece Maya is about as cute as possible.
like melt your heart cute.
I adore Hil's parents. Big Tim can get a good laugh out of pretty much anyone.
The sun was eyeball singeing bright after the wedding, so it was pretty hard to get any good shots in front of the temple. At least we'll always have awkward beauties like this photo to remember the day.
Thanks again to Sunny and Justin for watching Henry for us so we could go to Hil and Dan's wedding.
After the wedding we took Henry and Jade to the park. I'm so sad we didn't take more pictures of this adorable duo. I guess we were busy having too much fun. Poor Henry's love is still very much unrequited. Bless him.
After the park we hit up Cafe Rio for some sweet pork goodness, then went to Hil and Dan's awesome reception. We had a really great time and ate our weight in amazing cupcakes.
The day after the wedding we drove all over the SLC valley non stop, visiting as many people as we could. I now completely understand what it's like to come back 'home' for a vacation... you basically spend the whole time trying to catch up with as many friends and family as possible before you have to go back to your new home.
Let's be honest, nobody wanted to see me and Scott... it was all about Henry. I can't blame them, Henry is pretty awesome.
We met up with my Uncle Rick, Aunt Sherry, cousin Chandler, and his darling friend at the Dodo for lunch. These guys are a lot of fun.
On our way back Scott's parents house we were able to visit a couple of Pagans who had babies not too long after Henry was born.
It seems like almost everyone else we know who recently had a baby had a girl. Looks like this lucky little man will have plenty of lovely ladies to woo.
After a quick nap break at Scott's parents house we booked it to my cousin Lisa's place to visit with a my Aunt Sheron, Uncle Jim, and bunch of my cousins. We were super lucky that most (5/7) of Jim and Sheron's kids were in one place at one time. Score! Again, kicking myself for not taking more pictures. Oh well. It was really great to see everyone.
The next morning Henry thought it would be great to help me maintain good oral hygiene. Do we potentially have another DDS in the family?
We took a few great pics of Henry with his Grandparents before we hit the road. It was a whirlwind trip but it was totally worth it. Hopefully our next trip won't be so quick so we can see more people.

5 comments:
Whew! A dizzying trip!
We loved seeing the 3 of you!! And especially Henry! :)
I SO enjoy pics and commentary. Same with the blog. Its SO good for Grannie's heart.
I still can't believe you have a baby. Did Hilary look beautiful? I just saw her in pictures, but the pictures were nice.
Mom, it was a dizzying trip. I was both sad and glad for it to be over.
Sheron, we loved seeing you and your family... I think Henry was especially excited to see all of you.
Grandma, I'll do whatever is good for my Grannie's heart. Lots more posts are on the way!
Shayna, I still can't believe I had a baby either. It is so wild to be somebody's mother. And yes, Hil looked absolutely gorgeous. It was so fun to see your little sister at the wedding. What a wild, small world.
Post a Comment