Friday, September 9, 2011

7 Months!

Our big boy is 7 months old.
I absolutely love watching him grow, but I think it's happening way too fast.




This is probably one of my all time favorite pictures of Henry.  Such a handsome boy!
A few 7 month factoids:
  • Henry is trying really hard to start crawling.  Fortunately, I think we have a while before we need to put up the baby gates.  We're having a great time watching him make attempts at mobility.  Even so, we're definitely not in any rush to have a crawler.
  • Henry is great at sitting up by himself and is getting better every day.
  • He's still a big drooler and is starting to show a few other signs that he might be getting teeth sometime soon.  It's pretty cute to watch him clench his little gums together, grimace, and growl.  As his primary source of food is still coming from me I'm in no hurry for those sharp little baby teeth to pop up.  However, -more than anything- I hope he doesn't have to feel uncomfortable for very much longer.
  • He recently started waving 'bye bye'.  It's the cutest thing ever.
  • Henry's hair grows so fast that we've already had to give him another trim to keep his hair out of his eyes.  Speaking of his hair, it has somehow magically stopped sticking up all over the place.  Awesome.
  • One of Henry's favorite toys is the TV remote.  If he spots a remote he will roll across the room to get it.  Once the remote is in his hands he grins, pushes all the buttons, and 'sings' to it.  If you take the remote away from him he screws up his face, wails, and cries big crocodile tears.  Adorable.  So adorable, in fact, that I've attached a video so you can see for yourself.

  • Organic cotton clothes, hypoallergenic detergent, and lots of lotion have made a HUGE difference with Henry's skin.  I'm so glad we found things that work for him.
  • At Lake Powell we found out Henry gets hives from just touching eggs, bananas, milk, and nectarines :$ so we're taking it slow with introducing new foods.  Fortunately, taking our time isn't a big deal as Henry still isn't very keen on solid food.  So far we've tried rice cereal, sweet potato, and avocado (all mixed with my milk and all equally rejected).  We'll just keep trying and being patient.  I'm sure he'll come around eventually.

This photo just about sums up Henry's interest in food.  He'd rather throw his bowls and spoons across the floor than eat.
  • When I took him to get a vaccination last week he weighed in at 17 lbs, 15 oz.  Big boy!
  • He loves to go for rides in Dada's chair


We love Henry to the moon and back!

2 comments:

omilne@sunrivertoday.com said...

Love that Boy!!! Bring him to St. George so we can be up close and personal to him. Grandma Great

Mallory Jo Searle said...

KT! It's mal. Hi. Henry is just awesome and so very cute. Love that I finally found your blog :) Hope you're doing swell.