Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lazy Sunday Afternoon + Domestic Goddess + Bosch = yum!

We had the most magnificently relaxing weekend full of great food. We have a huge list of downtown restaurants and try to cross something off the list each weekend. On Friday night we went to the Vienna Bistro. If you ever find yourself craving some Alpine European deliciousness, we recommend the Sauerbraten and Kasespazle. We also re-visited 'The Bakery' for some tasty pastries. Places like Vienna Bistro and The Bakery are the reason we work out and run SO much.

On Saturday I did my last long run before the NYC Marathon (only 13 days left!) and met up with Scott at the gym... then drove up Millcreek Canyon to make s'mores. -sorry, no pictures. we forgot our cameras.-

We pretty much spent our entire Sunday afternoon in the kitchen. I LOVE that Scott and I love to cook together.


Sign #46 of domestic goddessness: owning a mixer with a motor that could tow a boat. It was so awesome to throw all of the ingredients in the bowl and watch this little beauty work its magic. I heart our new Bosch! This was our first attempt at making bread.

Ta-da! Maybe it was beginners luck, or maybe the Bosch really is magic... whatever the case may be, our bread turned out great! A big thanks to Scott's sister Julie for the fabulous wheat bread recipe!


We also made these incredible shredded pork tacos from a PBS cooking show we saw Saturday morning. Do yourself a favor and go make them right now! We made some slight changes to the recipe: we used a gigantoid pack of gorgeous pork chops from Costco instead of the pork shoulder called for in the recipe (we trimmed off most of the fat b/c we don't want to be puttin' on the 'newlywed 15' just yet). We made salsa (using tomatoes from Aunt Sheron's garden!) because, let's be honest, a taco w/o salsa is like a day without sunshine. We also made a simple guacamole and topped the whole thing off with a little sour cream. I kid you not, this was one of the most delicious meals Scott and I have ever made. Soooooo good! Why are you still reading this?!? Go, make tacos!

5 comments:

Karly Barker said...

I have a feeling I am going to be reading the cooking show blog on here! I love it. Can we make homemade wheat bread this Sunday? Jordan will be gone and I would love to come up

Larry & Ann said...

Can I come too?

bethi said...

nice! I too have a Bosch....and I think it is magic!...we might have too swap recipes!...BTW...Beautiful Pictures!!

Megan Andersen said...

I am so jealeous that you are running in the New York Marathon! That is one I've always wanted to do!! Good Luck!!!

Robinette Family said...

Hey katie congrats on your wedding and everything. Everyone in vegas says hello.