Monday, October 18, 2010

Last day at Lifetime

Scotty gave me these GORGEOUS flowers the night before my last day.  LOVE HIM!

3 months ago I decided my last day at Lifetime would be October 15th... which, at the time, seemed to be miles into the future.
They hired my replacement, a fabulous gal named Lisa.
Then the calendar hit October.
Lisa had taken over pretty much all of my job responsibilities, and the15th showed up before I knew it.
Funny how that happens.
A month or two ago some accounting department friends and I decided my last day would be a good excuse to have a lunch party.
I wasn't expecting anything more than that.  Just a fun, low-key sendoff.  

I was in for some big surprises...
Throughout the week I had lunch with lots of friends.

On my official last day everyone got together in the accounting department.

My friend Nedra (the COO Brent's wife) came.  I was so honored!

Then Scotty showed up.  I had NO idea he was coming.  Surprise!

Then they moved the party to a conference room for a 'roast' and baby shower.  BIG surprise!

Then my mom showed up.  HUGE surprise!
I talked to her on the phone earlier that morning and had NO idea she was en route to Lifetime.  I'm usually pretty hard to surprise, so a big kudos to Scott, my Mom, and all of my friends at work.

I was completely overwhelmed by all of the support and generosity.  I'm going to miss these folks!

My boss John and Brent made some really nice speeches 
They gave us a really great iPhone docking station/alarm clock so we can think of our friends at Lifetime during 3am feedings.  So thoughtful!

Then my buddy Jeff plopped a Coke down on the table.

I jumped out of my chair.  I don't like soft drinks.  I never have.  John and Jeff have been trying to get me to drink a Coke for almost 2 years with no success. 
But, as it was my last day, I figured why not give them the satisfaction of seeing me drink something other than water.
Bottoms up!
And... I still think Coke is gross.  Oh well.

Brent has always made a big deal about my wide variety of shoes.  Lisa, my replacement, also has a big shoe collection.  Brent wanted to see who had the best shoes out of Lisa, me, and my Mom.
Of course my Mom won.  Bow down to the Queen B!

 We made the job transfer official when I knighted Lisa with John's Swiss army knife.

Then my friends showered Baby Boy with gifts.  He is going to be an incredibly well dressed little dude with lots of fun stuff for his room!

I think I would have cried if I wasn't so overtaken with gratitude and surprise.


I have been with this amazing company for almost 6 years, so it's pretty hard to leave.  My coworkers are like family.  I have had 5 different offices or cubes while at Lifetime (I traded my office for the cube pictured above about a month ago), giving me the opportunity to get to know lots of really great people.  I am REALLY going to miss everyone.
A big
THANK YOU
to all of my wonderful friends and coworkers.

  T-minus 46 days until Baby Boy, aka my new boss arrives!

3 comments:

Larry & Ann said...

It was so fun to surprise you! I had to be there to honor you and your accomplishments at Lifetime. It was very touching for me to hear all the glowing tributes they gave about you and to meet more members of your Lifetime. We have a lot of gratitude for those people for the type of work environment you have spent your professional career in. Job well done Katie! You made an impact there, and they in turn have been an important part of your life.

shayna said...

This post made me sad. I hate leaving jobs where you feel like you spend your days with family. But happy day, you're having a baby.

stefanie said...

pregnancy looks good on you my friend!
Last days are always bittersweet for sure!
Fun surprises all around though!
Here's to your next adventure!