Henry was being particularly charming after he woke up from a 5 minute long nap, so I grabbed my iphone and started taking pictures. Shortly thereafter I heard the unmistakable sound of a blowout. I decided to keep snapping pics rather than rush right into wipe-down + bath + diaper/outfit changing mode. A decision I don't regret. The resulting photos = priceless!
Feel free to add your own captions to the following sequence of awesomeness:
The end.
Or is it...
POST EDIT:
mid-feeding on 2/23/11 at 4:00AM Henry had his SECOND blowout in as many days. Good times.
On the bright side: Despite being wiped down from head to toe, he was about as energetic and happy as I have ever seen him. I'm guessing he was being such a cutie so I wouldn't mind being so wide awake at such an unholy hour. FYI, I think babies cuteness is mankind's most ingenious evolutionary trait.
Then, he peed while still w/o a diaper. Twice. I must really LOVE this baby! I don't think I would happily clean up so much bodily excretion for anyone else.
He was kicking so hard and moving his arms so fast that most of the pictures I took turned out blurry! He must have been pretty jazzed about being wide awake at 4am.
Mercifully, Henry went back to sleep by 6am, giving me a whole 2 more hours of sleep before he was hungry again.
Motherhood is hard, but it's worth it.
The end?
Nope.
ANOTHER EDIT
Scott works 1/2 days on Wednesday, so he came home to have lunch with us before heading back out to take care of some office stuff. He took a fussy Henry upstairs to change his diaper so I could finish my lunch and edit this post. I heard lots of crying and wondered what in the world was going on.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you BLOWOUT #3! THREE! IN 48 HOURS!
Scott had poop all over his shirt. Fatherhood is hard too, but it's worth it.
I'm guessing it's time to step up to the size 2 diapers?
Any advice? Or are we doomed to be covered in poop for the next 3 years?
Or is it...
POST EDIT:
mid-feeding on 2/23/11 at 4:00AM Henry had his SECOND blowout in as many days. Good times.
On the bright side: Despite being wiped down from head to toe, he was about as energetic and happy as I have ever seen him. I'm guessing he was being such a cutie so I wouldn't mind being so wide awake at such an unholy hour. FYI, I think babies cuteness is mankind's most ingenious evolutionary trait.
Then, he peed while still w/o a diaper. Twice. I must really LOVE this baby! I don't think I would happily clean up so much bodily excretion for anyone else.
Good thing I had this cloth diaper in place to catch his wee! I have a drawer full of them and they have saved the day SO many times. I think I wash a load of mostly cloth diapers every 3 or 4 days.
This face makes me melt into a big gooey puddle. Thank heavens he's such a happy little guy.
Mercifully, Henry went back to sleep by 6am, giving me a whole 2 more hours of sleep before he was hungry again.
Motherhood is hard, but it's worth it.
The end?
Nope.
ANOTHER EDIT
Scott works 1/2 days on Wednesday, so he came home to have lunch with us before heading back out to take care of some office stuff. He took a fussy Henry upstairs to change his diaper so I could finish my lunch and edit this post. I heard lots of crying and wondered what in the world was going on.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you BLOWOUT #3! THREE! IN 48 HOURS!
Scott had poop all over his shirt. Fatherhood is hard too, but it's worth it.
I'm guessing it's time to step up to the size 2 diapers?
Any advice? Or are we doomed to be covered in poop for the next 3 years?








5 comments:
ahhh blowouts. got to love it when it's up to their armpits, and in some cases, to their little mullets. :) yeah, i think henry is ready for size 2. and he is so dang cute kate. love the bright eyes and big cute mouth.
i loved any excuse (like 3 blowouts!) to wash him/her down with my fave Johnson & Johnson! yummy ;)
He is scrumptious!
To enjoy a good chuckle, I read Henry's blow out stories once a day. Keep them coming and send me a bite of him. Grandma Ora
He is so adorable! I bet he felt SO much better after all this! HA!
YOU are the best!
Thanks Amber, we switched to size 2 last week and so far they seem to contain the mess. I laughed so hard when I read your comment about baby mullets... so true!
Janae, I'm with you on loving any excuse for a bath. My new favorite smell is a freshly Johnson and Johnson washed baby. Yum!
Grandma, I'm glad Henry keeps you entertained. I can't think of a humane way to send you a bite of him, but I promise to keep sending you lots of pictures. ;)
Lisa, YOU are the best. And yes, Henry seemed to feel tons better after his 3rd blowout. I wonder what that must be like for a baby!?!
Post a Comment