Monday, March 21, 2011

3 Months!

Another month, another set of adorable Henry pictures.

My oh my, check out that thigh!  Delicious!
He was smiling, laughing, and cooing the entire time we were taking pictures.
WE LOVE THIS BABY!


Some 3 Month Photos and Stats:


Henry is getting more and more mobile every day (hooray and yikes!)  He can bust out of almost any swaddle (which I'm sure is the case for most babies this age) so we've stopped putting him in the crib with blankets.  (Don't worry, we haven't been letting our baby freeze at night.  Instead of blankets we've been using a sleepsack to keep him warm.  So far so good.)
He fell asleep in the car and was miraculously still asleep when we took him out of his car seat.  I laid him down parallel with the length of the crib and this is how I found him a few minutes later.  We're going to have to keep a close watch on this little guy.
He moves his arms and legs all over the place ALL the time.  We have several pictures of baby Hank with little blurs for limbs.  BTW, the adorable blanket he is laying on was made for Henry by the marvelous Michelle Orton.  We are so lucky to have her as part of our neighbor family.  Thanks Michelle!  The blanket goes perfectly with everything else in Henry's room.
Our dear friend Mares in Switzerland mailed us the most thoughtful package shortly after Henry was born.  Henry absolutely loves the rattle she sent him (and Scott and I loved the chocolate she sent us!)  Thank heavens for friends like Mares!
I'm constantly wiping his hands clean b/c they're pretty much always in his mouth.
This was the first toy Henry reached for with both hands.  Scott and I cheered so loud when he did it that we scared him.  Oops!  We get pretty excited about little things like that around our house these days.  Our lives have changed in so many ways since Henry joined our family.
He loves peek-a-boo.
He still doesn't enjoy tummy time.  At least he is really good at holding his head up and making funny faces.
Henry is obsessed with the mobile above his changing table.  I made it using a simple wireframe mobile I bought at a museum gift shop several years ago and a great black and white mobile template.  Best 20 minutes I have ever invested in a project.  Ever.  This thing is worth its weight in platinum.
Henry's hair is usually pretty wild looking.  I think he sometimes resembles a little mad scientist.
He kicks his legs and waves his arms like crazy when Daddy comes home.  It's one of the best parts of my day.
There are few things better than napping with a baby.  I suggest you try it sometime.
The weather in our neck of the woods has been much nicer lately so we've been going for lots of walks.  It looks like Henry is a fan of the great outdoors.

5 comments:

omilne@sunrivertoday.com said...

Oh Scott and Katie--how much adorable can Henry get!!!! He is one fasinating little sweet heart. Grandma Ora

Sheron said...

Oh my goodness...so adorable!!

Larry & Ann said...

Grandpa & Nana look at this over and over and over....

Scott and Katie said...

Thanks! Being Henry's Mom makes me a little partial, but I agree with al of you! He's great!

kelly said...

ok, that mobile is adorable! if i have any more kids, i'm putting in a special order for one. you are way too talented, my friend.