GOOD THING #3
Being around for another birthday. Some of the very best people I've ever known didn't make it to 30.
Being alive is definitely a good enough reason for me to celebrate.
In my humble opinion, a good heel click is one of the best ways to say, 'I'M ALIVE!'
In case you were wondering
The number one song of 1983 was 'Flashdance... What a Feeling' by Irene Cara. Singing this song while dancing wildly is another great way to say, "I'M ALIVE!
Also,
according to my Mom, my favorite song of 1983 was 'Karma Chameleon' by Culture Club (plus it was numero uno in the UK that year, so it works for my 'top song post'). Good thing my taste in music improved as I got older. BTW, what in the what is the deal with the music video for Karma Chameleon?!? Does any of that make any sense to anyone!?! Cocaine must be one helluva drug.


4 comments:
I second that motion-30 is just 29 with a 3 and a 0! So as for lunch, let's do it? Happy Birthday!!! My my my... we are getting old.
Thank Kourtney! You're right, we ARE getting old. Dangit! At least we're getting old in style, right? I would love to do lunch... but it'll have to be sometime when we're back in Utah for a visit b/c my little family just moved to Colorado. I don't know how we never managed to get together when I was working minutes away from where you guys live. Oh well, at least we'll always have the Layton Walmart parking lot ;) I'll for sure let you know when we'll be back in town and maybe we can meet up.
Oh boy, do we ever remember you singing "Karma Chameleon" ... we kinda thought the song would never end. Have you noticed that it never does?
Sharisa, I know! That song doesn't really have a proper ending. Like I said, I'm really glad my taste in music improved as I got older. Thanks for putting up with your kid sister ;)
Post a Comment