Monday, April 25, 2011

30 Good Things About Turning 30: #26

GOOD THING #26

30 comes with a bit more confidence.

I recently had the pleasure/displeasure of reading a whole zip top bag full of notes my friend Sunny found in a box from high school.  After reading the last note I said to myself, "Self, we've come a long way baby!"  I feel like an entirely different person now than I did back in high school (and even part of college).  I guess what I mean to say is:
I actually LIKE myself now.  Awesome!  Hooray me!

The number one song of 2006 was "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira and Wyclef Jean.
Sure.  Why not.  I guess I'm officially old b/c the songs on my 'top songs' list have completely stopped making any sense to me.  frownsmile.  sigh.
Dear Wyclef and Shakira, I know you're capable of better.
Dear worldwide music charts, I don't understand you anymore.
Love, Katie

2 comments:

omilne@sunrivertoday.com said...

Katie, its so fun to read your BD blogs. Love and kisses. Loved being with your darling family last week. Love Scott's parents too.
Granny

Scott and Katie said...

We love you Grandma! Thanks for joining us for the celebration! xoxo