Friday, May 13, 2011

Back to Utah/Henry's First Flight

Henry took his first flight for Aunt Karly and Uncle James' BYU graduation last month.
This trip taught us our boy is a great little traveler.  Hallelujah!
We stayed with Scott's parents for the weekend.  Henry just loves his Grandma.  Shortly after we arrived she got to experience Henry's latest favorite game: grabbing the face of anyone who comes within his reach.
I just love that little face.
We spent the next day in P-Town celebrating these two.  Hooray for Karly and James!

Henry thinks Aunt Mary is pretty great.

The Staples and Barkers.
Why can't I ever remember to take off my sunglasses for pictures.  Sheesh!

The Staples crew with our grads.

I love seeing my Grandma dote over Henry.  They're madly in love with each other.
Let's be honest, who isn't madly in love with this baby?

Grandpa got to hold Henry just as the boyo was ready for a nap.  It was hilarious.
Poor Grandpa.
4 generations.  Cool.
The graduation crew gathered on the hill south of campus for a yummy JDawgs picnic where we were joined by Sunny and Jade.

Henry is REALLY into Jade.  Jade is not so much into Henry.  Poor Henry.

Maybe his persistence will pay off someday.
Potential engagement photo?
We took a little break at my parents hotel room before dinner that night.  There is no doubt that Henry loves his Nana.

The next morning I got my hair cut and came home to find this.  Grandmas are awesome!
Then we scarfed down some Lone Star tacos and went to Aunt Sheron and Uncle Jim's house.
It was close to Henry's nap time, so he was a little fussy.  Aunt Sheron had the magic touch to make Henry stop crying.
This boy absolutely adores his Grandma Great

he especially likes her glasses

Don't worry, we rescued Grandma before Henry did any damage.

I snapped this pic shortly after we caught a quick nap at Scott's parents place.  I love how much Henry loves his Daddy.
 Later that night we made our way to the Mandarin where we celebrated my birthday for the 12th year in a row.  That's right, TWELVE consecutive years.  I don't know if we'll be able to hit 13 for my 31st, but we'll sure try.
I didn't hold Henry for more than 30 seconds that night.  My parents didn't want to let him go.
I can't get enough of my Grandma.  She's the best!
Karly and James got a quick turn with the boyo.
My friend Meghan and her family were able to join us and got to hold Henry for a bit.
The Taylor's were also nice enough to make the trek to Bountiful.
I'm pretty sure Jade has Justin wrapped around her finger.
She also has Henry wrapped around her finger.  His unrequited pursuit of his potential future bride continued throughout the evening.  Bless him.

The next morning Scott's Mom made us a delicious Easter brunch before we took off for the airport.  Sadly, we didn't get any photos.
The return flight went even smoother than our flight out to Utah.  I hope that wasn't a fluke b/c we want to take lots of trips with our little guy.
Where should we fly next?

3 comments:

Larry & Ann said...

Fly to Nana & Grandpa's house!

shayna said...

I hear Vermont is a great place to take babies....lots of good food and people.

Scott and Katie said...

Mom, I'm in. We need to figure out whether or not people want to do Nana camp this summer...

Shayna, Vermont looks like a great place to bring babies. We need to chat.