Wednesday, May 25, 2011

5 Months!

It's hard for me to grasp that it's almost Henry's 1/2 birthday.
Where have the last 5 months gone?  Before I know it we'll be sending Henry to college.


We love our happy boy to pieces.


Henry's grabbing skills are getting better every day.  Nothing in his reach stands a chance.


Henry found his feet this month.  He must think they're delicious b/c those toes are usually in his mouth.

Henry was born to the right parents... this boy loves using his toothbrush.

We had our first hiking adventure this month.  I think it was a success.

What are we going to do with this kiddos hair?  It just sticks straight up!


He's a champion drooler... maybe we can use some of that slobber to slick his mohawk down?  Or not.  Gross.

It looks like Henry's best friend is his rubber ducky.  He LOVES that thing.  I still can't get over his hair.



A few five month factoids:
  • He now regularly rolls from front to back/back to front.
  • He says "Mamamamamamamama" when he's really upset.  I love that he calls out my name when he wants comfort, but I sure hope he learns he can also say Mama when he's happy.
  • He goes bananas when Scott gets home from work.  He loves his Daddy.
  • He wears size 3 diapers, size 6-9 month clothes, size 9 month jammies, and weighs 16 1/2 lbs.  Big boy!
  • He got a bit of dermatitis that just won't go away :(  We're still working on it.
  • He absolutely loves playing with his ducky in the bath.
  • He likes standing up and stomping his feet when we're holding him in our laps.
  • He gets really excited when we read to him.
  • He's super drooly and puts anything he can get his hands on into his mouth.  I wonder when he'll start teething???
  • His hair is getting long and naturally sticks straight up.
  • He has a great little sense of humor.  His laugh is my all time favorite sound.
  • He figured out how to pout/whimper and it makes me melt into a big gooey puddle.  His arsenal of tools to tug at our heartstrings is growing.  We're pretty much doomed to give him whatever he wants.

4 comments:

omilne@sunrivertoday.com said...

.Fun Fun Fun post. More More More. Love Love Love--Grandma Ora.

Sheron said...

Cute-cute-cute! You can give him a summer haircut--his "butch" style would stand straight up. :)
Hope the "formula" is helping his skin. Love you!!

sista # 2 said...

I love his hair! He is precious ;) Janae

Scott and Katie said...

Grandma, I'll post more Henry pics this weekend!

Sheron, I think we're probably going to have to give him a haircut soon as it's starting to get ridiculously long... I'm sure we'll post pictures.

Janae, you're so sweet. I agree, he IS precious. I'm so curious to see what his hair does as he gets older.